poniedziałek, 5 listopada 2012

Generic Versions of Antibiotic Levaquin

The Food and Drug Administration said Monday it approved the first generic versions of Johnson & Johnson's antibiotic Levaquin, which treats bacterial infections that cause bronchitis or pneumonia.

The antibiotic, known generically as levofloxacin, also treats infections of the skin, sinuses, kidney, bladder and prostate. Regulators approved applications from 12 manufacturers for generic versions of the drug. Those companies include Akorn Inc., Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd., Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Teva Pharmaceuticals USA.

Levaquin is made by Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., a unit of New Brunswick, N.J.-based Johnson & Johnson.
I was perscribed Levaquin for a sinus infection. I had nausea and vomitting, and could not sleep at night. I also was itchy all over.
I've been taking levaquin for a sinus infection. I am on only my second dose, but yesterday after taking my first dose I felt immediate results. Much less nasal discharge than in the days and even hours prior. I had no problems with sleep, in fact that night was the first time I slept through the entire night in weeks, without even waking up to go to the bathroom.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz